The USAF deploys Takedown Rifles for Pilots
The United States Air Force decided their fighter and Bomber pilots needed more protection should the dreaded situation of having to eject behind enemy lines arrive with only a hand gun as protection.
After thoroughly testing and evaluating several of the AR-15 Takedown products available on the civilian market, the USAF chose the Cry Havoc Tactical QRB (Quick Release Barrel) takedown system.
Now USAF Pilots and Aircrew can rest assured they have the necessary protection using the GAU-5A Rifle that is stowed in their ACES II Ejection Seat Survival Kit. The GAU-5A has four magazines totaling 120 rounds, allowing a shot-down pilot enhanced protection.
Now you can own the exact same model the USAF uses on your own AR style rifle or pistol. The QRB is able to accommodate many calibers and barrel sizes with little effort and requires no modification to the existing AR components. Any firearm with a QRB installed can be returned to its original configuration without any special tools in a short time.
News Articles and Reviews of the USAF GAU-5A using the Cry Havoc QRB.
- September 30, 2021 - Building a Compact Takedown .300 BLK AR Pistol
- September 23, 2021 - Building A Takedown Pistol In .308 Win.
- APRIL 13, 2021 - Cry Havoc Tactical QRB Kit -Full-Size AR in the Smallest of Packages
- FEBRUARY 20, 2020 - US Air Force Gunsmith Shop completes rifle delivery for aircrew
- FEBRUARY 18, 2020 - The USAF Created a Mini Rifle That Fits in Its Ejection Seats
- FEBRUARY 14, 2020 - The Air Force Gets Its New Survival Rifle
- MAY 10 2019 - USAF Fighter Pilots Are Now Flying With These Converted M4 Rifles In Their Survival Kits
- APRIL 28 2019 - F-22 pilots receives modern GAU-5A automatic rifles
- JUNE 30, 2018 - Air Force Crews Get New Rifle for Defense in Case of Crash, Ejection
- JUNE 29, 2018 - USAF Fighter And Bomber Crews Get Modified M4 Rifles That Fit Under Ejection Seats
- JUNE 28, 2018 - The Air Force is arming pilots with this longer-range, stand-off rifle
- JUNE 25, 2018 - USAFs New GAU-5A Aircrew Self Defense Weapon